The American Association of Orthodontics recommends that all children should be evaluated by their orthodontist by age 7. At this age, many significant problems in growth or function can be addressed and corrected before it is too late. However, for young patients that are not ready to begin treatment, we offer them the opportunity to join our Kids Club.
What Does the Kids Club Involve?
Just as you see your general dentist every six months for cleanings and checking for cavities, Dr. Windhorst believes children can benefit from regular orthodontic check-ups. You will be seen every 6-12 months so the doctor can monitor and measure facial growth, make sure baby teeth are coming out on time, and that permanent teeth are able to grow into their proper position (minimizing more extensive and lengthy treatment at a later age). These appointments also allow the doctor to stay on top of what type of treatment your child will need and determine when they will be ready to begin.
When patients become a member of the Choice Orthodontics Kids Club, they get a Rewards Card! They can earn points which can be redeemed for really cool prizes! Here are some things you can do to earn points:
- Be on time for your scheduled appointment
- Brush your teeth after every meal and floss at least once a day
- Return to Choice Orthodontics for your regularly scheduled recall appointments
- Visit your dentist twice a year for a check-up and cleaning, and bring us a certificate signed by your dentist or hygienist
- Refer your friends and family to Choice Orthodontics for an examination
- Like us on Facebook!
What are the benefits of being a member of our Kids Club?
- Free Rewards Card to earn points
- Free consultation and observation appointments during Kids Club time*
- Participate in office and Facebook contests to earn more points
*Kids Club time will be during the morning and early afternoon. If x-rays are needed, there will be a charge.
If you are interested in learning more about our Kids Club, or would like to schedule an appointment for your child's next visit, please contact us at (816) 279-8300. We are happy to answer any questions you may have and we look forward to seeing you and your child soon!